Date:      Thu, 1 Apr 1999 09:21:33 +0200
From:      Ladavac Marino <mladavac@metropolitan.at>
To:        'Darren Reed' <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>, dillon@apollo.backplane.com
Cc:        Ladavac Marino <mladavac@metropolitan.at>, rb@gid.co.uk, wilko@yedi.iaf.nl, jkh@zippy.cdrom.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: another ufs panic..

	[ML]  So I guess we can consider this matter resolved.

> >     Maybe you should consider taking an Axe to that equipment.  With
> it
> >     powered on.
	[ML]  Another thing you can try is to see how far can you throw
the power supply.

> Funny, NOT.  Makes me wonder more about the integrity, in general, of
> running "high performance" h/w on pc's.  I'm sure we all just *love*
> how power cables and disk cables are almost always close together.
	[ML]  Don't forget the $10 power supplies--they are really not
worth the money.  Not to mention noisy busses.  And $20 cases which
provide practically no shielding at all (when they do not function as a
tuned microwave cavity :)

> oh, I get it now, it's an APril fools day thing.
	[ML]  Sadly, it wasn't.  Not in the States when Matt mailed that
:)

	But, seriously, do consider returning that equipment if it's
still under warranty.

	/Marino