Date:      Wed, 6 Mar 1996 09:23:54 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
To:        baba@ats.sjk.kdd.co.jp (Koji Baba)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Installation by 3Com PCMCIA adapter

> I have a problem with installation of 2.1.0-RELEASE
>  by 3Com PCMCIA adapter.

Is this a 3C589B or a 3C589C?

> ----
> ze: pcmcia slot 0: 3Com Corporation~3C589~TP/BNC LAN Card Ver. 2a~000002~
> ze: slot 1: no card in slot
> ze0 not found at 0x300
> zp: found card in slot 0
> zp0 not found at 0x300
> ----
> And after bootup, I can not use ether card at installation by ftp or NFS.
> It seems that the installer can not find the card as valid device.
>
> Setting of the PCMCIA card is completely default value.
>  Port = 0x300
>  IRQ = 10
>  Memory Base = 0xd8000

type a '-c' at the boot prompt and make sure the zp0 device is
configured with the same defaults.  If it's a 3C589C, then you'll need
an updated boot disk to work.  If that's the case, there is one that
will allow you to install everything on:

http://www.mt.cs.keio.ac.jp/person/hosokawa/freebsd-pcmcia/

Nate