Date:      Thu, 02 Jan 2003 13:23:27 -0800
From:      Dan Malaby <dan@peritek.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   problems with gramofile

Happy new year FSBD users!!

I am trying to use gramofile to get some records made into CD's, but I can
not get gramofile to see any input. I can use the mixer and get the line in
signal out of my PC speakers, so I know that I have signal to my sound
card, but gramofile only makes a file with no music. If there is anyone who
is using gramofile, please tell me how you configured gramofile or what
magic needs to be done to the kernel to make it work. Also I have had
problems with gramofile hanging up, it does not respond to any mouse or
keyboard input, and I need to do a kill -9 to get out.

TIA

Details follow:
uname -a
FreeBSD XXX.XXX.com 4.7-STABLE FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE #1: Tue Dec 24 15:42:46
PST 2002     XXX@XXX.XXX.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/XXX  i386

kernal
device          sbc0    at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15
device          pcm

dmesg
sbc1: <Creative SB AWE64> at port 0x220-0x22f,0x330-0x331,0x388-0x38b irq 5
drq 1,5 on isa0
pcm0: <SB16 DSP 4.16> on sbc1

Daniel Malaby           voice:(510) 531-6500
Peritek Corp.           fax:   (510) 530-8563
5550 Redwood Road       email: dan@peritek.com
Oakland, CA 94619