Date:      Thu, 15 Aug 1996 12:21:40 -0400
From:      John Grimmett <john@uunet.ca>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ports won't compile

When I follow the handbook directions on compiling ports from the CDROM,
the process fails because it cannot find the distribution archive in
/cdrom/packages/All.  This process worked on previous distributions but
I am now using snapshot 05/01/96 and it no longer works.  Help!!
Could someone reply with the series of commands that create a directory,
link /usr/ports to it and create a link tree to allow me to compile from the
CDROM.

Thanx,
John