Date:      Wed, 21 Aug 2002 17:34:36 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Anselm Garbe <anselmg@t-online.de>
Cc:        Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BAD psmintr: [Re: psm problem]

Anselm Garbe wrote:
> atkbdc0: <Keyboard controller (i8042)> port 0x64,0x60 irq 1 on acpi0
> atkbd0: <AT Keyboard> flags 0x1 irq 1 on atkbdc0
> kbd0 at atkbd0
> psm0: <PS/2 Mouse> irq 12 on atkbdc0
> psm0: model IntelliMouse, device ID 3

Mine (which works) says:

atkbdc0: <Keyboard controller (i8042)> at port 0x60,0x64 on isa0
atkbd0: <AT Keyboard> flags 0x1 irq 1 on atkbdc0
kbd0 at atkbd0
psm0: failed to get data.
psm0: <PS/2 Mouse> irq 12 on atkbdc0
psm0: model Generic PS/2 mouse, device ID 0

On a hunch, I will guess that the special case code for ISA
sharing for the keyboard and mouse on the same PS/2 controller
is not present in the ACPI.

Try not loading ACPI, and see if it fixes it for you (this
seems to be the week for ACPI).

I'm not sure about the IRQ 12 (that's the bus mouse IRQ; the
PS/2 mouse interrupt is supposed to be shared with the keyboard,
according to Frank van Guilliwe?!?), but ACPI is *a* difference,
even if it's not *the* difference -- at least it's something to
try.  8-(.

-- Terry