Date:      Wed, 5 Feb 1997 08:31:28 GMT
From:      Mark Ovens <Mark.Ovens@uk.radan.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ld.so error

Hi,
	I found an old Sun OpenWindows demo CD at work with various source
code files on it. With a few mods to the source I have got most of them to
compile & link without errors on my PC under FreeBSD 2.1.0.

	However, one of them produces the following error when I attempt to
run the executable:

	ld.so: Undefined symbol "_cfree" called from textedit:/usr/X11R6/lib
/libxview.s0.6.2 at 0x8123710

	Can anyone explain this error, and more importantly tell me how to
fix it!!. I am curious that such an error should occur when running the prog
on the same machine it was compiled & linked on.

	Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Mark	<marko@uk.radan.com>