Date:      Thu, 28 Oct 1999 19:14:50 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@ipass.net>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
Cc:        Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fxtv 1.01

Chuck Robey:
 |On Wed, 27 Oct 1999, Roger Hardiman wrote:
 |
 |> Randall, Multimedia,
 |>
 |> I've updated FXTV in the ports tree FXTV 1.01.
 |
 |Could you explain, even in general terms, what kind of services that
 |really means?  Does it control, or get controlled?  What changes?

Before it's checked in, folks can only get the port from my site and it
doesn't get put on future FreeBSD distribution CDs.

After it's checked in, folks can get the port here:

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/ports-*/graphics/fxtv/*

and from the ftp mirrors, when it propagates.  Also, the port and package
for the new version get built and put on future FreeBSD CDs, instead of the
old version.  And ports collection CVSupers get the updates I believe.

Also, and I'm not real sure about this, but I think the package is mirrored
to:

     ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/distfiles

so folks can fetch and build fxtv from the port, even when my ISP's web
server is down.  I'm not sure if this happens automagically though.

Randall