Date:      Tue, 20 Apr 2010 08:01:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?D=E1nielisz_L=E1szl=F3?= <laszlo_danielisz@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question. Multi Boot

Actually you can find now some cheap HDDs so the safest way is to install B=
SD/Linux on a second one, but if you can't buy another HDD then backup all =
the important date and install BSD with bsd loader on your HDD, after makin=
g some free, unformatted space on it.=0A=0A=0A=0A__________________________=
______=0AFrom: "Kruppa, Peter Ulrich" <pukruppa@googlemail.com>=0ATo: Jorge=
 Biquez <jbiquez@icsmx.com>=0ACc: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org=0ASent: Sun=
, April 18, 2010 6:50:04 PM=0ASubject: Re: Question. Multi Boot=0A=0AAm 18.=
04.2010 18:10, schrieb Jorge Biquez:=0A> Hello all.=0A> I hope this questio=
n does not sound so stupid. I have read archives and do gogled searches but=
 would like , if possible, to hear comments based on experience.=0A> =0A> I=
 have a machine, pentium D 2.4mhz 2gb RAM, 160DD HD XP Pro. As I mentuioned=
 in other post I installed FreeBSD 7.3 under a virtual machine using vmware=
. It works fine but seems it is too much for the machine since when I am ru=
nning it the machine is very slow. I have that FB installation running with=
out graphical interface since that's why I need then.=0A> =0A> Now I would =
like to have a graphical interface running to learn to use eclipse and cont=
inue with my PHP/Mysql development learning. I know that if I continue unde=
r VMware the windows machine will be even more slow so I decided that I wou=
ld have this machine running with a multi boot schema and choose when to bo=
ot under FreeBSd, Windows and later with Linux (looking for a job and in so=
me companies asked me to have the basics of any distribution). The most imp=
ortant is that I need to be able to continue having that actual windows par=
tition without loosing anything or changing anything.=0A> =0A> What do you =
think, based on experince, is the safest way to accomplish this?=0ASince Wi=
ndows isn't very cooperative with other operating systems, leave it where i=
t is, buy a second hard disk and install FreeBSD (and Linux) on it. The Fre=
eBSD bootmanager will be able to boot Windows but Windows will not boot any=
 FreeBSD or Linux.=0A=0AGood Luck=0A=0AUli.=0A=0A=0A> Thanks in advance=0A>=
g/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-questions=0A> To unsubscribe, send any mail to "=
freebsd-questions-unsubscribe@freebsd.org"=0A> =0A=0A______________________=