Date:      Tue, 3 Jul 2001 20:01:03 +0400
From:      "Nickolay A. Kritsky" <nkritsky@internethelp.ru>
To:        <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: weird messages

This could be somebody willing to exploit last glob vulnerability in ftpd (SA-01:33) - it exploited very long directory names
started with '~' (the same as $HOME in bash). In order for exploit to work attacker must have an ftp account with /etc/pwd.db
reacheable . In 3 days after exploit was released, i found 5 such messages in /var/log/messages. Read the advisory, and see if you
are vulnerable!

NKritsky - SysAdmin InternetHelp.Ru
http://www.internethelp.ru
e-mail: nkritsky@internethelp.ru