Date:      Sun, 11 Jan 1998 23:38:51 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)
From:      K Sun <ksun@essex.ac.uk>
To:        hamellr@dsinw.com, hodeleri@seattleu.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Really need help.

Thank you for your replies.
I tried it again.
I directly moved the directory "c:\3.0-RELEASE\bin" to "c:\bin".
However, the problem still remains and I fail again.

In addition, in fact, at the begining of my installation, I only copied
the files into "c:\FreeBSD\bin" and tried it. I met the above problem.
And then I found some explanation in the "ERRATA.TXT"

>o DOS partition installs fail to find the installation bits.
>
>Fix: Rename C:\FREEBSD to C:\3.0-RELEASE and retry the installation.
>     The naming syntax was changed to make DOS more like the other
>     types of installation media but the docs on DOS installation
>     were not updated properly to reflect this.  The current sysinstall
>     now accepts both locations, as it should have to begin with.

So, I renamed the directory, but the outcome is the failure.

Really hope your further help or any implication.

Anyway, thank you very much.

Sun Kai