Date:      Tue, 12 Jan 1999 18:48:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert Hough <rch@iserve.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Suggestions

Hi there, I work with a small but quickly growing ISP, and I realized that
eventually, we are going to need to build seperate servers to various jobs.
The problem I forsee is users though. If we build a new mail server, I
would basically have to add all of our users to that box too, correct? Is
there a way to have like a central password server, where no matter what
box a user logs into, they will be able to access it, provided we allow
them to do so? Is NIS the only way to do this, or are there other ways as
well? If someone could point me to some url's on this topic, I would
appreciate it. I dont see this as becoming a problem any time soon, but it
is something I'd like to start getting ready for. Thanks.

|  |__     ||  -__|   _|  |  |  -__| | Robert Hough (rch@iserve.net) |