Date:      Tue, 16 Oct 2001 06:49:02 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
To:        clefevre@citeweb.net, dwcjr@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, will@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/30497: ftp.freesoftware.com no longer exists

On Tue, 16 Oct 2001 03:35:59 +0200 (CEST), Cyrille Lefevre wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just seen that PR #30497 was closed on Sep 23 2001.
> as a contributor, I didn't receive any email about this!
>
> unfortunately, I'm surprise that a 3+ days goes to the trash!
>
> yes, the fix you apply was just to remove any occurences of
> freesoftware.com while the one I supply fix number of ports
> in one way or another.
>
> much better is to do nothing more than the minimum as you do...
>
> in one word, I'M SOMEWHAT REALLY HUNGRY %-\

Please cool-off. Committers aren't superhumans, and often they
do mistakes like any other "ordinary" numan being. In such case
pollite notice with description of the problem send to the
corresponding person should be sufficient to settle the problem.

> PS : if needed, I could submit an up-to-date diff, should I ?

Yes, please send this as a follow-up to the said PR. I'll reopen
it shortly.

Thanks!

-Maxim