Date:      Thu, 6 Mar 2003 11:59:25 -0800 (PST)
From:      Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
To:        "Ryan T. Dean" <rtdean@cytherianage.net>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD install and IBM PC Server 325

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Ryan T. Dean wrote:
> 	I've got an old IBM PC Server 325 sitting over here that I'd love
> to be able to get FreeBSD installed on.  I've tried on and off for a few
> months now, and am tired of bashing my head against the wall.  (for the
> record, I do have FBSD installs on 6 other machines that I use on a daily
> basis - this IBM server is driving me crazy).

Ask on -stable or -current, depending on if you're installing 4.x or 5.x.

> 	The machine will boot from the CD, prompt for kernel
> configuration, but I hang for (or immediately after?) the following
> message:
>
> Waiting 15 seconds for SCSI devices to settle

Hanging after this message could be any number of things, most of them not
SCSI related.

> A little more information about the machine:
> 	its a dual pent pro machine, only has one CPU in it currently
> 	the onboard SCSI controller (no IDE controller) is an AIC7880

Post more information about the hardware (ethernet? usb? other device
connected?) and the result of "boot -v" to the appropriate list as
suggested above.

-Nate