Date:      Tue, 15 Feb 2000 15:03:40 -0600
From:      "Andy Rowland" <andy@tigertown.k12.mo.us>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: AdvanSys SCSI

From: "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To: <makz@pinoymail.com>
Cc: <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2000 10:58 PM

> very interesting .... I've always used Advansys SCSI cards
> (both the old ISA ones and new SCSI ones) with 3.2 and
> never a sign of trouble .... in fact I've found them easier to
> install than those overpriced Adaptec ones :)
>
> I haven't tried 3.4 as yet ... I've downloaded the ISO file but
> haven't got around to burning a CD yet so I can't comment
> on Advansys / 3.4 as yet.

I did a 3.4/RELEASE installation from CD on a system with an IDE hard drive,
and a SCSI CD-ROM hooked to a PCI Advansys adapter.  No problems.  Just my 2
cents.

In case you're wondering, it's got the IDE HD because the old SCSI HD died,
so I added the IDE HD, and kept the CDROM and adapter...

[snip]

--Andy Rowland
Grand River Network
andy@tigertown.k12.;mo.us