Date:      Sun, 1 Jun 2003 23:49:38 +0200
From:      Toni Schmidbauer <toni@stderror.at>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Supported Controller under FreeBSD for Sun Storedge A5000, FC-AL ?

--NDin8bjvE/0mNLFQ

On Sun, Jun 01, 2003 at 07:44:18PM +0200, Andreas Klemm wrote:
> q: is there a PCI controller available for FreeBSD 4.x and 5.x
> which is capable to connect to a Sun Storedge A5000 ?

i haven't tried that under freebsd but:

we are using the qlogic qlc2200f controller under linux and
solaris.
works like a charm, and theres a driver for 5.x and 4.8:=20

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.8R/hardware-i386.html
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.0R/hardware-i386.html

under linux our attached storage is an emc^2 and under sun it's
an a5000.

as far as i know, the qlc2200f understands fcal + fabric and for
the a5000 you will need fcal support, or you put it on a fc
switch port, which does fcal to fabric conversion.

> Which FreeBSD driver would it be, that supports this card ?

isp(4)

not exactly the information you ask for, but i hope its
nevertheless useful

toni
--=20
Behandle die Menschen, als w=E4ren sie, was sie sein | toni at stderror dot=
 at
sollten, und du wirst ihnen helfen, zu werden, was | Toni Schmidbauer
sie sein k=F6nnen.  - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe     |

--NDin8bjvE/0mNLFQ

--NDin8bjvE/0mNLFQ--