Date:      Thu, 17 Oct 2002 09:35:40 +1000
From:      Christopher Vance <vance@aurema.com>
To:        Vitor de Matos Carvalho <vitor@softinfo.com.br>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Brazil time zone file sets DST incorrectly

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 04:31:57PM -0300, Vitor de Matos Carvalho wrote:
: It would like to leave here a "protest" against the Security Officer Team of
: the FreeBSD.

You're barking up the wrong tree, twice.

: Detected the DST problem, because the Security Team did not notify? It will
: be that this error for being of did not enteresse of administrators of
: servers who twirl in the E.U.A do not deserve that he is notified? It did
: not want that it made mention to my name, nor that patch was used mine, only
: that was communicated to all of the occurrence. The correction already was
: made in default branch, now goes to wait for more how much time it goes for
: RELENG_4

The timezone code, and more particularly the tables used to drive it,
comes from somewhere else.  You were told who and where to send your
correction.  Did you do this?

And in case you didn't notice, timezones have nothing to do with
security - you should be using NTP and UTC for everything that is tied
to security.

Given these two reasons, I don't think it's reasonable to expect a
FreeBSD-specific fix, and I don't think you've established why anybody
doing security stuff for FreeBSD should care.

--
Christopher Vance