Date:      04 Apr 2002 14:15:47 -0800
From:      swear@blarg.net (Gary W. Swearingen)
To:        Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
Cc:        "Gary W. Swearingen" <swear@blarg.net>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: docs/35604: arp(4) page mentions 10Mb/s but not 100Mb/s.

Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net> writes:

> ARP is not specific to Ethernet that's just the most common
> implementation.  Also, our implementation is no longer ethernet specific
> and supports arcnet in addition to Ethernet and Tokenring (which uses

So would you say that the arp(4) and arp(8) manuals need other changes
to their many uses of the term "Ethernet", or do "arcnet" and
"Tokenring" also have "Ethernet addresses" in networking jargon?  "MAC
address" would sound better to me as a generic term, though I suspect
that is pure Ethernet jargon too.