Date:      Sat, 25 Oct 2014 19:37:18 -0400
From:      Conrad Meyer <cse.cem@gmail.com>
To:        Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@digiware.nl>
Cc:        "freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org" <virtualization@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Looking for a Libvirt example xml file

On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 6:48 PM, Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@digiware.nl> wrote:
> Hoi
>
> I tried the version on the libvirt.org/bhyve page.
> But that returns:
>
> freetest# virsh -c "bhyve:///system"  domxml-to-native \\
>         --format bhyve-argv --xml /root/libvirt-example.xml
> error: unsupported configuration: unsupported disk device
>
> So I was wondering if somebody would like to share his working example?

Hi Willem,

What do your <disk> sections look like? I am using basically the same
configuration from libvirt's bhyve page as well and have no such issue
(however, I am on recent git which is ~1.2.10, versus the 1.2.6 in
ports). Example:

    <disk type='file' device='disk'>
      <driver name='file' type='raw'/>
      <source file='/path/to/foo.img'/>
      <target dev='hda' bus='sata'/>
    </disk>

For what it's worth, If you do not specify a bus, libvirt will choose
'ide' and libvirt-bhyve only supports SATA.

Best,
Conrad