Date:      Sun, 26 Dec 2004 21:55:44 +0100
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely12.cicely.de>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@chuckr.org>
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fingerprints

On Sun, Dec 26, 2004 at 04:09:09PM -0500, Chuck Robey wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Dec 2004, Barry Bouwsma wrote:
>

> > I suggest you consult the friendly folx hanging out on the USB list
> > (usb@ or freebsd-usb@), where I'm sending followups to this as well
> > as a copy of this.
> >
> > Bernd Walter (ticso) has a ports skeleton for the NetBSD USB utilities
> > that can tell you details about the endpoints and protocols of your
> > device.
>
> I didn't see any extra email postings on this, I hope it doesn't just
> disappear.  Can I ask one favor?  I would VERY much appreciate it if you
> would pick a single one of the usb devices, and I will read everything I
> see in the kernel on it.  I'm trying to read the usb specification, but
> it's quite large, and I'm not sure thats the best way to go about
> learning.

http://www.cosmo-project.de/~bernd/usbutil.tgz
usbctl is the tool to get an overview of the device layout.
It's old and has a number of bugs in respect to port system compliance
so it never officially went into ports.
Maybe someone with more port knowledge than me should take care of it.

bernd@bwct.de                                  info@bwct.de