Date:      Tue, 5 Aug 1997 09:44:42 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans)
Cc:        davidn@labs.usn.blaze.net.au, terry@lambert.org, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Some thoughts and ideas, and quirks

> ext2fs depends on ufs and on `#ifdef EXT2FS' stuff in ufs, so it cannot
> work as an LKM.

I believe there are two instances of the UFS code created in this
case... I don't believe it's a variant compilation of a single shared
set of code.

If I'm wrong, then the #ifdef's are a bug, just as #ifdef XSERVER in
the console driver was a bug.

> I saw a freeze for last week's kernel while testing this, but it seemed
> to be a vfs problem.  ddb kept working and showed that the mount list was
> circular or something like that.  I just created and mounted a few ext2fs
> and a few ufs file systems on floppies, and did a few unintentionally
> silly things like mounting on an already mounted-on /mnt.

Which, of course, is *supposed* to work... 8-(.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.