Date:      Mon, 29 Aug 2011 16:16:30 +0300
From:      Ivo Vachkov <ivo.vachkov@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Request for information/comment on default-free zone router properties

Hello all,

First of all, I'd like to apologize if my question is considered
highly off-topic. I ask it only with regard to the current FreeBSD
routing table implementation.

Is there any (no need to be official) information what is the number
of different routes (for IPv4 and IPv6) on a default-free zone (DFZ)
router in the Internet? I vaguely remember the number 450 000+
distinct routes for IPv4? But what about IPv6?

On a related note, what is the number of the network interfaces on a
DFZ router? No need for exact number, educated guess/estimation would
be greatly appreciated too.

Thank you very much in advance.

--
Ivo Vachkov