Date:      Wed, 17 Dec 1997 00:47:32 -0700 (MST)
From:      sclawson@bottles.cs.utah.edu (steve clawson)
To:        mike@smith.net.au (Mike Smith)
Cc:        sclawson@bottles.cs.utah.edu, ivt@gamma.ru, tlambert@primenet.com, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: panic: blkfree: freeling free block/frag

Mike Smith uttered:
> Single-bit memory error, perhaps?  Still, keep an eye on it...

     Probably.  The only real culprit for parity problems right now is
the L2 cache of the processor, since we've got the version of the
Pentium II that dosen't do ECC on it's L2 cache, and the memory in the
machine is 36bit (yes, parity checking was/is enabled).  Unfortunately
when we were buying the machine we didn't know there were two
different versions of the chip.

steve

--
// stephen clawson				sclawson@cs.utah.edu