Date:      Tue, 18 Mar 2014 09:47:28 +0000
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz_lst@tdx.co.uk>
To:        =?UTF-8?Q?Roger_Pau_Monn=C3=A9?= <roger.pau@citrix.com>, freebsd-xen@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FBSD 10.0-S (r261289M) under XenServer 6.2 - Stuck sshd in urdlck?

--On 18 March 2014 09:44 +0100 Roger Pau Monn=C3=A9 <roger.pau@citrix.com>=20
wrote:

> The output of vmstat -ai might also be helpful to assure that event
> timers are working correctly.

Ok, that's at the bottom of this email.

> Also, does this VM have some
> PCI-passthrough? Did you migrate it? The xl configuration file used to
> create the domain would also be interesting.

VM has no passthrough (this is a completely separate system to the one I=20
was doing the passthrough work on), and was created 'from new' - from Xen=20
Center I did "VM, new VM"

I used the "Other install media" template with 2 vCPU's and 2048Mb of RAM - =

and fed it the FreeBSD 10.0-R amd64 install ISO. Single GPT partition, ufs=20
- and a small (2Gb SWAP partition).

Once the system was running I installed subversion then did a svn checkout=20
of 'stable' source - rebuilt the world/kernel / installed the kernel/world=20
- and did the usual mergemaster updates.

> Also, could you try the same workload with a pristine GENERIC kernel?

Ok - I'll leave this VM 'as-is' If I get time I'll setup two new VM's - a=20
stock 10.0-R with stock GENERIC, and another one using the r261289M source=20
from this machine, but stock GENERIC kernel (the only mods I'd made were=20
the 'NO_ADAPTIVE_' changes as recommended by the xen man page).

It may be a while before I know if sshd is going to get 'stuck' again - but =

I'll keep an eye on them.

-Karl

vmstat Output:

"
# vmstat -ai
interrupt                          total       rate
???                                    0          0
irq1: atkbd0                         312          0
stray irq1                             0          0
irq0: attimer0                         0          0
stray irq0                             0          0
irq3:                                  0          0
stray irq3                             0          0
irq4: uart0                            0          0
stray irq4                             0          0
irq5:                                  0          0
stray irq5                             0          0
irq6:                                  0          0
stray irq6                             0          0
irq7: ppc0                             0          0
stray irq7                             0          0
irq8: atrtc0                           0          0
stray irq8                             0          0
irq9: acpi0                            0          0
stray irq9                             0          0
irq10:                                 0          0
stray irq10                            0          0
irq11:                                 0          0
stray irq11                            0          0
irq12: psm0                            0          0
stray irq12                            0          0
irq13:                                 0          0
stray irq13                            0          0
irq14: ata0                            0          0
stray irq14                            0          0
irq15: ata1                      2696605          0
stray irq15                            0          0
irq16:                                 0          0
stray irq16                            0          0
irq17:                                 0          0
stray irq17                            0          0
irq18:                                 0          0
stray irq18                            0          0
irq19:                                 0          0
stray irq19                            0          0
irq20:                                 0          0
stray irq20                            0          0
irq21:                                 0          0
stray irq21                            0          0
irq22:                                 0          0
stray irq22                            0          0
irq23: uhci0                          21          0
stray irq23                            0          0
irq24:                                 0          0
stray irq24                            0          0
irq25:                                 0          0
stray irq25                            0          0
irq26:                                 0          0
stray irq26                            0          0
irq27:                                 0          0
stray irq27                            0          0
irq28:                                 0          0
stray irq28                            0          0
irq29:                                 0          0
stray irq29                            0          0
irq30: xenpci0                         0          0
stray irq30                            0          0
irq31:                                 0          0
stray irq31                            0          0
irq32:                                 0          0
stray irq32                            0          0
irq33:                                 0          0
stray irq33                            0          0
irq34:                                 0          0
stray irq34                            0          0
irq35:                                 0          0
stray irq35                            0          0
irq36:                                 0          0
stray irq36                            0          0
irq37:                                 0          0
stray irq37                            0          0
irq38:                                 0          0
stray irq38                            0          0
irq39:                                 0          0
stray irq39                            0          0
irq40:                                 0          0
stray irq40                            0          0
irq41:                                 0          0
stray irq41                            0          0
irq42:                                 0          0
stray irq42                            0          0
irq43:                                 0          0
stray irq43                            0          0
irq44:                                 0          0
stray irq44                            0          0
irq45:                                 0          0
stray irq45                            0          0
irq46:                                 0          0
stray irq46                            0          0
irq47:                                 0          0
stray irq47                            0          0
cpu0:timer                             0          0
cpu0:xen                       195870019         48
cpu1:xen                       147437789         36
irq768: xen_et0:c0             124192981         30
stray irq768                           0          0
irq769: xen_et0:c1              24519742          6
stray irq769                           0          0
irq770: xenstore0                 411992          0
stray irq770                           0          0
irq771: xbd0                      653984          0
stray irq771                           0          0
irq772: xn0                     34383547          8
stray irq772                           0          0
cpu1:timer                             0          0
irq773: cpu0:r                         0          0
stray irq773                           0          0
irq774: cpu0:itlb                      0          0
stray irq774                           0          0
irq775: cpu0:ipg                   13761          0
stray irq775                           0          0
irq776: cpu0:irg                19841089          4
stray irq776                           0          0
irq777: cpu0:ic                        0          0
stray irq777                           0          0
irq778: cpu0:b                  52076491         12
stray irq778                           0          0
irq779: cpu0:st                        0          0
stray irq779                           0          0
irq780: cpu0:sp                        0          0
stray irq780                           0          0
irq781: cpu0:sth                       0          0
stray irq781                           0          0
irq782: cpu1:r                         0          0
stray irq782                           0          0
irq783: cpu1:itlb                      0          0
stray irq783                           0          0
irq784: cpu1:ipg                    9162          0
stray irq784                           0          0
irq785: cpu1:irg                16455346          4
stray irq785                           0          0
irq786: cpu1:ic                        0          0
stray irq786                           0          0
irq787: cpu1:b                  72199060         17
stray irq787                           0          0
irq788: cpu1:st                        0          0
stray irq788                           0          0
irq789: cpu1:sp                        0          0
stray irq789                           0          0
irq790: cpu1:sth                       0          0
stray irq790                           0          0
Total                          690761901        170
"