Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 1996 09:56:34 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Paul Richards <p.richards@elsevier.co.uk>
To:        chandra@telkom.go.id (Rizkan Chandra)
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Compaq Prosignia 300

> I would like to install 2.1.0 on my Compaq Prosignia with NCR 538x SCSI
> and AMD PCNet 3 Ethernet. The Prosignia has two hard disks on it: 2
> Gbytes Compaq and 1 Gbytes Seagate plus one CDROM drive. It seems that
> 2.1.0 kernel has been failed to recognize both cards. Will the upcoming
> 2.2.0 correct the problem or does anyone have the drivers for those cards ?

The PCNet card should work with a few patches that have been floating around.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a PCNet-PCI card? Can't find anyone
who sells them around here. I've got hold of an old 4Mb 386 from work to
set up a small LAN at home so I can get back to maintaining the Lance driver
so if I can get hold of one of these PCI cards I'll finally look at fixing
the problem.

  Email: p.richards@elsevier.co.uk
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 (0)1865 843155