Date:      Mon, 19 May 2008 13:36:06 +0200
From:      "Jonas Lund" <whizzter@gmail.com>
To:        walter@pelissero.de
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VIA EX15000G

I have an EN12000eg machine, running 6.2 on it. At the start however i
had some crappy fake-raid card installed. If any disks were attached
to it the boot would just hang. (Don't remember exactly but i think it
died already in the bootloader)

I think i have turned off the SW raid built into the board. no memory
as to if that affected the machine however.

A small note also, check that the bios reports the same amount of
memory that you have installed. If it's halved then there's a bug in
the chipsets that made atleast my board to use half the memory if the
stick had chips with 128MB on it. If you can get a stick with 64MB
chips it'll work. See www.mini-itx.com for a hopefully better
description :)

I'm quite happy with it now. using gmirror, 2x 3.5" disks and a silent
machine that only uses 49 watts.

/ Jonas Lund