Date:      Thu, 01 Jul 1999 12:33:36 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        mjacob@feral.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Lizard...

> What actual marketing information do we actually have that says that in
> order to go after the desktops we aren't currently installed on we have to
> add a lot of engineering effort to the installer? Would it be better to

Well, just to clear up what looks like a misunderstanding in the
making, let me say that the engineering effort we're contemplating
here has nothing to do with going after the desktop, it has to do with
better security, better componentization(?) of the OS and 3rd party
apps, better upgrades, better underlying technology basically. :)

- JOrdan