Date:      Fri, 16 May 2003 00:03:00 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Christian Kratzer <ck@cksoft.de>
To:        Guy Middleton <guy@obstruction.com>
Cc:        Oliver Eikemeier <eikemeier@fillmore-labs.com>
Subject:   Re: break up cyclic dependency openldap21 <-> cyrus-sasl2

Hi,

On Thu, 15 May 2003, Guy Middleton wrote:

> > > one more point. Openldap >= 2.1.13 breaks cyrus-sasl2 because of api
> > > changes.  I have mailed the cyrus-sasl2 maintainer with patches
> > > that address this and other points.
> > >
> > > I will send a pr later today to address this.
> >
> > The patches are already in the cyrus CVS, you just have to remove ldap
> > caching from saslauthd/lak.[ch], but I think we have to address the
> > dependency problem too. Splitting up cyrus-sasl and the saslauthd looks
> > like a good plan to me, and the you have to do the patches on saslauthd.
>
> I just ran into the same problem myself -- I would like to compile OpenLDAP
> with SASL support, and I don't really need saslauthd, so the direction of
> dependency in the ports collection is backwards for me.

I was going to whip up a saslauthd-ldap port but can't currently find
time to do it.

On the other hand there is a new openldap version just released and
I would like to get the other parts of the patch committed. So I will
reverse the dependency to make sasl optional again and send a new pr updated
to openldap-2.1.19 over the weekend.

Greetings
Christian

--
CK Software GmbH
Christian Kratzer,         Schwarzwaldstr. 31, 71131 Jettingen