Date:      Wed, 9 Jul 1997 15:25:12 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Marco Molteni <molter@logic.it>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   what is a fair wage for a system administrator?

Howdy all!

My ISP, which is running 2 NT boxes (Unix knowledge == 0), asked me to
install and run a FreeBSD box, to be used as a "multi-host web server"
(is it english? ;-)
I'll be the system administrator, not the author of the web pages.

I think I have an adeguate knowledge regarding Unix and tcp/ip
networking to do such a job, altought I have been connected to the
internet only via ppp (I mean I have never run a box connected 24h a day).

My questions are:
1. since I've already a part-time work and I'm studying, I don't want to
assign many hours for this new work. Are ten hours/month enough to cater
to such a web server? (please try to limit flames ;-)

2. any suggestion/examples for a fair wage?

Marco Molteni
Computer Science student at the Universita' di Milano, Italy.
"The time has come", the Walrus said, "to talk of many things".