Date:      Fri, 12 Nov 2004 13:04:19 +0700
From:      dikshie <dikshie@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IBM blade HS40

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 21:04:06 -0800, Brooks Davis
<brooks@one-eyed-alien.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 11:07:42AM +0700, dikshie wrote:
> From the eratta:
> (31 Oct 2004, updated on 5 Nov 2004) For FreeBSD/i386 and FreeBSD/amd64,
> when installing FreeBSD 5.3 using an USB keyboard the keyboard will stop
> working once the kernel boots, because a PS/2 keyboard is always
> considered to be attached. As a workaround, select ``Escape to loader
> prompt'' in the boot loader menu and enter the following lines at the
> prompt:
> set hint.atkbd.0.flags="0x1"
> boot
> Note that if you use the boot floppies, this is set by default.
> After the installation, add the following line to /boot/loader.conf:
> hint.atkbd.0.flags="0x1"

thanks it works well. FreeBSD-5.3-RELEASE can be installed well on to
IBM Blade HS40.
But I face another problem. If I reboot the HS40 I have entered onto
qlogic bios. if I dont
enter onto qlogic bios device then the HS40 will hang on probing isp
devices after reboot.

with best regards,

-dikshie-