Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2000 11:02:40 -0500
From:      "Travis Leuthauser" <travis-lists@winconx.com>
To:        "stop here. start everywhere." <feedback@phpStop.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD vs. Linux

I haven't used Linux for quite a while, I am however an avid supporter of
FreeBSD.  It is true that you can update your sources and rebuild everything
in one shot.  That may seem kinda risky, but I run several FreeBSD servers
and have never had a problem remotely rebuilding/installing world without
even dropping to single user mode.  The upgrade process was very well
planned, and in my experience, the chance of something major going wrong is
no greater than trying to update one piece at a time.  At least going all at
once, you can be fairly certain that anything maintained on the FreeBSD cvs
repository will work with the rest of your system.

Travis Leuthauser
Network Administrator
WinConX Online, Inc.