Date:      Fri, 25 May 2001 10:09:35 +0100
From:      "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
To:        'Peter Choe' <choepete@mindspring.com>
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: can't install jdk12-beta from ports

Dear Peter,

I saw you plea before, but I was busy. Sorry about that.

> i checked /usr/local/linux-jdk1.2.2/bin and tried to run
> java command but got this error:
>
> /usr/local/linux-jdk1.2.2/bin/i386/green_threads/java: error
> in loading shared libraries
> libhpi.so:  cannont open shared object file: No such file or directory

There is something wrong with you Linux JDK installation (just stating the
obvious). The Linux JDK installation depends on the Linux emulator being
installed and started. The linux emulator is not automatically loaded when
you execute the Linux JDK. Check that it reads "linux_enable=YES" somewhere
in /etc/rc.conf.

> has anyone used the ports to install it?  what am i doing wrong?

I have. :-)

    Kees Jan