Date:      Tue, 23 Apr 1996 09:52:58 -0700
From:      Paul Traina <pst@shockwave.com>
To:        Sujal Patel <smpatel@umiacs.umd.edu>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tasd 3.5

I realize the driver is a mess, *but* I would strongly suggest you make MINIMAL
changes to the driver to fix it.  This means that if you want to clean up the
prototypes, you put prototypes in at the FRONT of the files and you make NO
gratuitous source code changes (like ansifying things).

We don't own TASD and you shouldn't make changes as if you think you do own it.

I'm really sick and tired of seeing people hack the living shit out of 3rd
party
code and then it becomes unmaintainable when that 3rd party makes changes.

Paul