Date:      Tue, 21 May 1996 23:47:18 +1000 (EST)
From:      Carl Makin <cmakin@nla.gov.au>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ip masquerading

On Mon, 20 May 1996, Jim Dennis wrote:

> 	Just to follow up my own posting -- I forgot to mention that
> 	Darren Reed's IPFilter package claims to do NAT.  It should
> 	compile under FreeBSD (I don't know for sure -- I haven't had
> 	a chance to get around to it.  But that's what I've read).

I have Darren Reed's package compiled and running as a LKM under 2.1R.
It has a problem in that it can't do NAT to a single IP address.  It
should work to a few though. ie Class C <-> 2 or more addresses should
work but there is a "bug" which prevents it from working if you are
trying to translate to just one address (and spread over TCP ports).

I hope to try 2 addresses tomorrow.  I'll email the results here.

Carl.

--
Carl Makin (VK1KCM)  <http://email.nla.gov.au/~cmakin/>;
C.Makin@nla.gov.au  'Work +61 6 262 1576'   "Speaking for myself only!"