Date:      Tue, 25 Mar 1997 19:44:52 -0700 (MST)
From:      Wes Peters <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        David Li <dli@BBN.COM>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help: modem driver

dli@bbn.com writes:
 > I would like to find a copy of modem driver code and modify its Hayes
 > compitable "AT" command handling so as to to meet the requirements on
 > my own radio modem. Would anyone be able to point me to such a public
 > domain modem driver code used in FreeBSD? Thanks. Please reply to
 > dli@bbn.com.

FreeBSD doesn't really used "modem" drivers.  To FreeBSD, and most UNIX
systems, a modem is just something plugged into a "tty" port; the driver
is a tty driver.  The AT commands are all handled by the application
itself, not in any system-level driver code.

If you tell us what you need to do with your radio modem, we might be
able to give you some pointers.  Are you trying to use it for UUCP, PPP,
SLIP, etc.