Date:      Tue, 25 May 1999 02:58:45 +0300
From:      "Andy V. Oleynik" <andyo@prime.net.ua>
To:        Sergei Vyshenski <svysh@rsfq.npi.msu.su>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IP fixed to Ethernet address

There is some thing we not discussed earlier:
If there is working host on the net with defined privileges
say to access to NFS. Another host that pretends to be the
1st will cause IP conflict on the net & couldnt to obtain
needed privileges. It only can to use address of 1st if latter
is down. If 2nd host will gain his IP from range of unused
those it again couldnt obtain needed privileges cos of
abcense of explicit definition of those to this IP. Isn't it?