Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 1996 18:47:30 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it (Luigi Rizzo), james@miller.cs.uwm.edu, dufault@hda.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org, hasty@rah.star-gate.com, multimedia@rah.star-gate.com
Subject:   Re: Amancio's tv program with capture!

> You might be able to map the region and treat it as a pixmap, if it
> were a linear frame buffer.  You would have to mangle a pixmap header
> onto the front of it.

Terry, with all due respect, I think you *still* don't understand the
problem.  The shared memory segment is NOT created by the server, not
is any special formattting of the area reauired.  There are extension
calls for using the shared memory segment in a way that is understood
by both server and client.

I think you really should take a look at the code at this point since
every message I've seen from you on this topic only indicates that
you're getting further from understanding, not closer.

Greetings from USENIX, BTW.  I've talked to a number of your cronies
from Novell. Quite amusing - they all have such interesting stories to
tell! :-)

Jordan