Date:      Wed, 6 Mar 1996 10:34:57 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        jmr@computing.com (Jim Rowan)
Cc:        questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PowerPC Port?

> rlyon> Motorola does produce a workstation range based on the power pc. The
> rlyon> specifications look ok but I would imagine the price is
> rlyon> high. Currently the only operating system supported is Windows
> rlyon> NT. (Billy boy must be laughing all the way to the bank.)
>
> Actually, they also run AIX.

Yep.  This is what I'm running as my cross-environment.

> rlyon> These machines are generally used for industrial type applications,
> rlyon> etc ...
>
> Maybe you're talking about their motherboard and embedded product line?  The
> workstations are fairly standard machines, suited for many applications...

The FreeBSD port is intended for use in embedded systems by the company
that provided the loaner.  It will just happen to also run everything
it needs to run to be a real port, as well.  8-).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.