Date:      Thu, 26 Feb 1998 10:35:25 +1030
From:      Matthew Thyer <Matthew.Thyer@dsto.defence.gov.au>
To:        Bob Bishop <rb@gid.co.uk>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Build still broken - NOT! - Oh yes it is (was)

My /usr/src and /usr/obj are also symbolic links.

About the only thing I can think of is maybe you are an NFS
client ??

FreeBSD-CURRENT NFS is very bad currently.

I have not been able to "make world" at work with /usr/src and
/usr/obj NFS mounted.  I had to find enough local space to get
it done and then it was fine.

Bob Bishop wrote:

> At 11:07 am +0000 24/2/98, Matthew Thyer wrote:
> >I have no trouble with "make world" at CTM src-cur.3261
> >[etc]
>
> Put it down to pilot error if you like. I eventually discovered that at
> some time since 15/10/97 a copy of the ufs subtree had mysteriously
> appeared in my /usr/src/include. The only thing odd about my system is that
> /usr/src and /usr/obj are symbolic links; I haven't been fiddling with the
> tree.
>
> Anyway, I reconstituted the tree from scratch and it builds OK now.
>
> --
> Bob Bishop              (0118) 977 4017  international code +44 118
> rb@gid.co.uk        fax (0118) 989 4254  between 0800 and 1800 UK

 Matthew Thyer                                 Phone:  +61 8 8259 7249
 Corporate Information Systems                 Fax:    +61 8 8259 5537
 Defence Science and Technology Organisation, Salisbury
 PO Box 1500 Salisbury South Australia 5108