Date:      Tue, 15 Aug 2006 15:53:39 +0200
From:      Rico Secada <coolzone@io.dk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, petermatulis@yahoo.ca
Subject:   Re: vmware on freebsd?

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 02:58:23 -0400 (EDT)
Peter <petermatulis@yahoo.ca> wrote:

Hi Peter

> Is it possible to install VMWare Server on FreeBSD 6.0?  I'm looking
> for comments from people who may have done this.

Yes. At out office we are running VMWare3 as a host on FreeBSD 6.1 running Windows XP. It runs perfect.

During setup I testet other solutions qemu etc. but found that VMWare out-speeds them all. VMWare is very fast, so fast that you almost wont notice its virtual.

Someone commented, that its impossible to run VMWare on FreeBSD as a host, but thats wrong.

I highly recommend VMWare3 from ports, eventhough its old.