Date:      Tue, 14 Apr 2015 07:54:45 +0200
From:      Andre Albsmeier <Andre.Albsmeier@siemens.com>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        Andre Albsmeier <Andre.Albsmeier@siemens.com>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel em (82574L and 82573L) problems: stopping on high network and cpu load (Watchdog timeout)

On Mon, 13-Apr-2015 at 09:06:16 -0400, Mike Tancsa wrote:
> On 4/13/2015 6:16 AM, Andre Albsmeier wrote:
> > I don't want to say that I can easily reproduce it but chances are
> > quite good when I transfer a lot of stuff over the network _AND_
> > the CPU is heavily loaded. The CPU is a
>
> try disabling tso
> ifconfig em0 -tso
> and see if it makes a difference.

Hmm, maybe it's too early but from a very first glance this
might have helped. I'll see what will happen during the
next days...

Is this an em specific issue or should one avoid TSO generally
at the moment? That is, should I disable it on machines with
msk (and maybe other) interfaces as well?

Thanks,

	-Andre