Date:      Sun, 30 Mar 1997 08:10:51 -0500 (EST)
From:      stanb@netcom.com (Stan Brown)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.com (Free BSD Questions list)
Subject:   NIS with FreeBSD

	I am trying to set up NIS on my network consisting of 2 HP 9000
	serrries workstations, 2 FreeBSD machines, and a Linux box. I have the
	HP's set up as masterand slave servers and they are working with each
	other. On one of the FreeBSD boxes (2.2 BETA) I gave ste it up as a
	client. I can ypcat the passwd database on it. But when I change my
	acount to use the NIS passwd database, I can not get loged in.

	I get user authentication failures. I was wondering what I might ceck
	on this?

	Thanks.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    404-996-6955