Date:      Tue, 25 May 1999 08:05:26 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@iaces.com>
To:        robh@uunet.co.za (Rob Hunter)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: connectivity through wingate

In a previous message, Rob Hunter said:
> Hi
>
> I've got the following problem:
>
> I've got an NT box on a network, running Wingate, with an ISDN modem
> connected to it.
>
> My problem is getting connectivity to my bsd box (3.1-RELEASE). The
> Windows pc's on the network basically use the internal address of the
> Wingate machine to get any outside connectivity, but I need outside
> connectivity for the bsd box for things like ftp, ssh, etc.
>
> How do I setup the bsd box to use the Wingate as a gateway?
>
> Any help appreciated
>
> Regards
>
> --Rob

I don't think you do. Wingate is a client/server sort of thing you need
software on client (bsd) machine to get through the server (NT) machine.
There is no such software.

The solution is to re-engineer your network and do ACTUAL networking
with the BSD box as the router, or get an ISDN router and have a flat
network.

Paul.

--
I just want to say: over the years, I have come to regard you as...
people I met.                   -- Red Dwarf, Rimmer