Date:      Mon, 05 Mar 2007 21:17:19 +0000
From:      Vince <jhary@unsane.co.uk>
To:        Parker Brown <phbrown@charter.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: INTERFACING  WITH  NTFS

Parker Brown wrote:

> Using the FreeBSD booter to manage both Windoz XP and FreeBSD 6.1 on
> the same SCSI drive.  Under FreeBSD I've got XP mounted, and I've been
> able to examine the XP directories, but when I try to copy data or the
> contents of directories from FreeBSD to XP (using    cp -R  ), nothing
> copies, and I get error messages that say the TARGET files don't exist.
>
> Is FreeBSD not capable of copying into NTFS?  Has anyone else had the
> same problem?

Write access from mount_ntfs is still somewhat experimental read the man
page for more info. If you need write access to NTFS i'd recommend using
the fusefs-ntfs port. This needs to install fusefs-kmod which requires
the kernel sources which you can install via sysinstall if you havent.

regards,
Vince