Date:      Thu, 3 Jan 2008 14:14:57 +0100
From:      "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fernando_Apestegu=EDa?=" <fernando.apesteguia@gmail.com>
Subject:   Porting from linux to FreeBSD (procfs question)

Hi all,

First of all, Happy New Year.

I have a question about porting an application from Linux to FreeBSD.

The application I want to port, makes an extensive use of the procfs
in Linux. It gathers a lot of information from those files (cpuinfo,
meminfo, devices, filesystems, modules, etc...)

As I know, FreeBSD has some kind of procfs but more limited in terms
of information. My questions is how should I proceed now? I see two
options.

1 - Try to rely the porting on the compatibility procfs from FreeBSD
2 - Do the things in a completely different way (which one is this?
Invoking sysctl system call?)

I would like to know from you which one is the best approach.

Thanks in advance