Date:      Wed, 08 Sep 1999 14:44:17 -0700
From:      Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
To:        Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>, Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
Cc:        wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tulip device driver question

At 01:41 PM 9/8/99 , Jason Thorpe wrote:
>On Wed, 8 Sep 1999 00:17:52 +0200 (CEST)
>  Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl> wrote:
>
>  > There was also an DE-422 EISA card. Dunno if they are different.
>
>I'm not sure what a DE-422 had on it...  Matt?

LANCE.  It's supported by the DEPCA attachment (though as ISA).  Very
nice card.  It has 128KB of local RAM (which can be moved to almost any
where in phyical memory).  The only real botch is that the IRQ is a write
only register so you need to read the EISA bios to autoconfigure it.

>  > Do you have/want one? I could try to get you one. EISA is dead of course,
>  > but older machines tend to have EISA slots to spare, and PCI in short
>  > supply.
>
>If you could arrange it, that'd be great!  I have EISA AlphaStations.

I have one DE425 and one DE422.