Date:      Wed, 8 Oct 1997 22:09:36 +0200
From:      Stefan Esser <se@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Ted Faber <faber@isi.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: patch for PCMCIA support on Hitachi Mx133

On 1997-10-07 17:12 -0700, Ted Faber <faber@ISI.EDU> wrote:
> The following patch is allows the use of a Cirrus Logic PD6832 Cardbus
> PCMCIA controller chip in 16 bit legacy mode.  It's relative to a PAO
> kernel based directly on 2.2.2-RELEASE (the PAO release is PAO-970616 which
> is available from http://www.jp.FreeBSD.org/PAO/).  Although I occasionally
> patch things when I need the functionality, I don't mirror current or
> stable, which is why this patch is from these sources.  The patches are
> small, so they should be easy to integrate with PCI support in pcic.c , if
> there is any forthcoming.

I'm interested in providing the PCI hooks that might be
necessary, but I do not have access to any hardware to
test that code myself.

Since I'm quite busy at my job, currently, I may not be
able to read mail for several days or a week at a time.
Please be patient, if I don't reply to some message ...

>   #define	PCI_MAP_REG_START		0x10
> ! #define	PCI_MAP_REG_END			0x28
> --- 139,145 ----
>   #define	PCI_MAP_REG_START		0x10
> ! #define	PCI_MAP_REG_END			0x3f

NO PLEASE DON'T !

This change will break the PCI code (in certain situations) !!!

I don't have time to work out a better patch currently,
but will try to look into this, as soon as possible.
There is some support for PCI to CardBus bridges in
-current. Please have a look at it, meanwhile ...

Regards, STefan