Date:      Wed, 05 Feb 1997 10:54:56 -0500
From:      Perry Lucas <perry@avatarweb.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Pkg Add problems?

I am installing FreeBSD onto a 2.1 gig hard drive all its
own.  I am running into a PKG_Add error that is preventing
the addition of packages to the system.  I get a write
error, possible corruption of package message.

I have tested the failed packages with a re-installation
and have found that they added fine.  Its after the 20th
or so package that is added that they start to fail.

I am wondering if I am somehow running out of disk space.
When I create the partitions, I am using the auto feature
that creates the following:

/       32 Megs
/swap   74 Megs
/var    32 Megs
/usr    1568 Megs

By increasing one of these in size, will it solve my package
woes?  BTW:  I am installing a 200meg installation, xwindows
w/sources.