Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 2002 13:22:19 +0100
From:      Paul Everlund <tdv94ped@cs.umu.se>
To:        Mike Dewhirst <Dewhirst.M@UCLES.org.uk>
Cc:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: compiling CGI

> Mike Dewhirst wrote:
>
> If I want to write a CGI in C, then compile it on FreeBSD will I need to
> re-compile it for SGI/Irix or could I use it as is.

You would have to recompile it as SGI uses another CPU, MIPS, instead of
i386. If you write your script in Perl, and Perl is installed on the com-
puter, you can without any trouble use it on any computer that has Perl
installed. (Maybe that is not true if you write very advanced programs
that use OS specific calls that can not be found on all systems.)

Best regards,
Paul