Date:      Sat, 30 Jul 2005 00:03:18 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Cc:        unix@dominique-werner.com
Subject:   Re: 82801FB/FR/FW/FRW Intel High Definition Audio Controller

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 09:33:35 -0400 (EDT)
unix@dominique-werner.com wrote:

> I've already posted about this on the current list but I was told that I
> have to wait, now that I've waited for another month I was wondering if
> there is anything in the works..maybe the people on the multimedia list
> here know of any plans to implement it.

Sorry, but waiting one month was not enough. It seems someone is
working on a High Definition Audio codec, but as long as there are no
patches available, I suggest to not count on this. When there's
something working in the HDA area, it will be committed to -current
(remember, this is Open Source Software, and nobody pays a developer to
work on the sound code so far). So as long as the most recent -current
doesn't support your hardware, you either have to wait, or to write it
on your own.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
               Speak softly and carry a cellular phone.