Date:      Mon, 15 Oct 2001 23:11:13 -0500
From:      "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>
To:        <clefevre@citeweb.net>, <dwcjr@FreeBSD.org>, "Maxim Sobolev" <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        <ports@FreeBSD.org>, <will@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: ports/30497: ftp.freesoftware.com no longer exists

----- Original Message -----
From: "Maxim Sobolev" <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
To: <clefevre@citeweb.net>; <dwcjr@FreeBSD.org>
Cc: <ports@FreeBSD.org>; <will@FreeBSD.org>
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2001 10:49 PM

> On Tue, 16 Oct 2001 03:35:59 +0200 (CEST), Cyrille Lefevre wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just seen that PR #30497 was closed on Sep 23 2001.
> > as a contributor, I didn't receive any email about this!
> >
> > unfortunately, I'm surprise that a 3+ days goes to the trash!
> >
> > yes, the fix you apply was just to remove any occurences of
> > freesoftware.com while the one I supply fix number of ports
> > in one way or another.

One reason yours was most likely not committed, is because its not simply a
site change, its updating ports which requires maintainer approval.  You
also added id tags to pkg-plist files which I believe portmgr@ has not
thought highly of so far.  I understand your frustration, but the minimum is
the easiest to do when you are overworked and volunteer.  Wouldn't you
rather the minimum than nothing at all?